Fall is all about food that’s tasty and comforting, and since it’s peak season for pumpkin, squash and more, it doesn’t hurt if there’s a gourd included for good measure.
Celebrity chef and restauranteur Geoffrey Zakarian‘s seminole pumpkin gnudi ticks off all of those boxes and then some. The seasonal meal, which is currently on the menu at Zakarian’s Point Royal at The Diplomat Beach Resort in Miami, Florida, features a flavorful mix of rich ingredients. Items included in the decadent dish range from stone crab butter and crispy Brussels sprouts to caramelized wild leeks and a finishing helping of Hackleback caviar.
Calling the dish “incredible,” Zakarian, who won The Next Iron Chef in 2011 and currently cohosts Food Network’s The Kitchen, tells Us Weekly why this meal is one of his favorites. “The richness of pumpkin and the lightness of gnudi are the perfect fall duo,” he explains.
Ready to try it for yourself? Check out the recipe below!
Seminole Pumpkin Gnudi
Makes 1 serving
• 1/2 cup seminole pumpkin gnudi
• 2 tbsps butter
• 4 tbsp stone crab meat
• 1 tbsp caramelized wild leeks
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp crispy Brussels sprouts
• 1/2 tsp chopped parsley
• 1 tsp Hackleback caviar
• 1/2 tsp fennel tops
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
- Boil a pot of water and drop the gnudis into the pot and cook for about two minutes, gently shaking the pot once. Don’t cook the gnudis too long or they will fall apart.
- Set a wide pan with the butter over high heat. Use a slotted spoon to quickly transfer the cooked gnudi to the butter, add a little of the pasta cooking water, and cook at a vigorous simmer.
- Shaking the pan, add the stone crab meat and leeks and cook until the butter sauce thickens slightly and begins to cling to the gnudi.
- After about two minutes, add the lemon juice, Brussels sprouts and chopped parsley. Fold together and serve in a pasta bowl.
- Add four extra Brussels leaves randomly around the dish, place the caviar on top of the dish and garnish with the fennel tops.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!