Already have an account?
Get back to the

Lil Wayne Is ‘Stable’ and ‘in Good Spirits’ After Suffering Two Seizures

A milli reasons to be grateful! Lil Wayne is in “stable” condition and feeling much better after suffering two seizures aboard his private plane on Monday, June 13.

“Under the guidance of his own doctors, he is now in stable condition and good spirits,” a rep for the “Lollipop” rapper, 33, told Entertainment Weekly in a statement on Tuesday, June 14. “He thanks his fans for their everlasting support, prayers and well wishes.”

Related: PHOTOS: Celebrity Health Scares

As previously reported by TMZ, Weezy made an emergency landing in Omaha, Nebraska, after he blacked out during a flight from Milwaukee to California. According to the website, the hip-hop star refused medical treatment. The jet took off again, but Wayne suffered a second seizure and was taken to a local hospital.

The Grammy-winning artist has a history with seizures. In March 2013, he suffered a seizure while filming the music video for “High School,” his collaboration with Nicki Minaj. Prior to that, his private plane was forced to make two emergency landings after he had a mid-flight seizure in October 2012.

Lil Wayne performs onstage at the 2015 iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Lil Wayne performs on stage at the 2015 iHeartRadio Music Festival.

Related: PHOTOS: Stars Share Secrets: Read Celebs' Shocking Confessions

In 2013, Wayne opened up about his ongoing health issues and told Power 106 that he had epilepsy. “The bad news is … I’m prone to seizures,” he explained following his seizure on Minaj’s video set. “Like, this isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures, y’all just never hear about them. … I go to sleep and wake up in the hospital. I don’t feel anything.”

In May 2013, the musician revealed that he almost died from his condition.

Related: PHOTOS: Most Shocking Celebrity Deaths of All Time

“It got real bad ’cause I had three of them in a row, and on the third one, my heart rate went down to, like, 30 percent,” he recounted to Power 106 after being released from the hospital. “Basically, I could’ve died, so that is why it was so serious. But the reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest, overworking myself.”

“[There’s] no warning, no nothing. I don’t feel sick,” he said at the time. “I just hope it stops happening.”

Us Weekly’s Ian Drew and Christina Garibaldi discussed this story and more on Us Weekly’s Facebook Live News Update. 

In this article

Got a Tip form close button
Got a tip for US?
We're All Ears for Celebrity Buzz!