Already have an account?
Get back to the

Kim Kardashian Robbery, Two Months Later: Paris Police ‘Nowhere Near’ Finding Culprits

Still no closure for Kim. More than two months after Kim Kardashian’s terrifying Paris robbery, police likely won’t be closing the case anytime soon.

Related: PHOTOS: Kim Kardashian's Best Hairstyles Ever

“Two months on and we’re nowhere near finding who the robbers are,” a Paris judicial police source tells Us Weekly. “You could call it strange, but actually it can take many months, even years to solve a heist mystery. There’s a lot that goes on beyond the initial evidence collecting. … It can take a long time.”

Kim Kardashian
Kim Kardashian on stage during the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in 2015. Francois G. Durand/Getty Images

The police have had some communication with the reality star’s legal team to pass on relevant updates, the source adds.

Related: PHOTOS: Celebrity Engagement Rings by Carat Size

As previously reported, the renowned Paris crime unit La Brigade de Répression du Banditisme, a.k.a. the B.R.B., is investigating the October 3 incident in which Kardashian, 36, was bound, locked in a bathroom and robbed at gunpoint by five men dressed as policemen inside her private residence. They took over $10 million worth of jewels, including the Selfish author’s upgraded 20-carat emerald-cut-diamond engagement ring from husband Kanye West.

Paris police chief Christian Sainte said in an October 24 interview that he was “very confident” the assailants will be caught. “The B.R.B. has experience with people who attack with arms, and a big part of the brigade is now working on the Kim Kardashian case,” he said. While no potential suspects have been publicly named, Sainte said that “there is a professional team that committed this crime, and they seem to be organized.”

Related: PHOTOS: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Sweetest PDA Moments

The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star has not returned to social media or red carpet events since the traumatic incident. She was scheduled to attend the annual Angel Gala in honor of her late father, Robert Kardashian Sr., on November 21 but had to cancel at the last minute when West was hospitalized. The rapper, 39, spent more than a week at UCLA Medical Center after he had a meltdown from exhaustion, dehydration and what his doctor, Michael Farzam, called “temporary psychosis.” He has since been released and was spotted for the first time at an art exhibit in L.A. on December 8.

In this article

Got a Tip form close button
Got a tip for US?
We're All Ears for Celebrity Buzz!