Ashlee Simpson relays the pieces of her life to Us. Read on to learn 25 things about the singer, 33, who launched a unisex capsule collection with Zadig & Voltaire — available worldwide now.
1. My favorite place in the world is Italy. That’s where I want to go right now!
2. My first job was a Kohl’s commercial.
3. Of everything that’s in my closet, I couldn’t live without my bags. I have a good collection of bags and vintage T-shirts.
4. My secret obsession is my kids [son Bronx, 9, with ex Pete Wentz, and daughter Jagger, 2, with husband Evan Ross]… but that’s not really a secret!
5. I probably have weird habits, but I just don’t know them ’cause they’re weird, right?
6. People would be surprised to know that I know how to do ballet. I can lift my leg up!
7. If I weren’t a singer and actress, I probably would have been a ballerina.
8. There are way too many cringeworthy moments from my MTV reality show [2004’s The Ashlee Simpson Show], but hey, it’s all about putting yourself out there!
9. My go-to karaoke song is [Pat Benatar’s] “Love Is a Battlefield.”
10. I would never jump out of an airplane.
11. I love kitten heels right now. They’re easy to walk in.
12. My secret beauty ritual: I’ve been using castor oil on my eyelashes and eyebrows and it’s been really great for letting them grow.
13. I’m a perfectionist about my hair color. I love when my hair is bleached, but unfortunately I can’t do that all the time.
14. My first big purchase was a Louis Vuitton suitcase.
15. I’d rather be on Dancing With the Stars than The Apprentice.
16. My go-to board game is Scattergories.
17. My most embarrassing moment was probably SNL!
18. Lately, I’ve been afraid of heights. That’s a new thing. My stomach drops. At Disneyland [on a roller coaster] I was like, “Whoa! Hey!”
19. Growing up I was probably more of a party animal than a straight-A student.
20. I talk to myself in the shower and sing. I take showers with my daughter and we sing all the kids’ songs.
21. I fangirled over Debbie Harry and Gwen Stefani when I was younger. I was like, “Oh my gosh! [Gwen and I] have the same birthday!”
22. A quote that I live by is to “enjoy life and be happy.”
23. I relax on days off by Netflix and chilling!
24. I have so many favorite shows. I love Jane the Virgin and Vanderpump Rules. I also love Trust on FX.
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
25. The nicest thing a fan has sent me is probably [scrapbooks]. Those are always very special to me and I’ve collected them throughout the years.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!